Warsaw Christian School’s vision is for each student to acquire a heart to serve their world for the glory of God. Our school family spent the month of November focusing on serving others which is the perfect way to prepare our hearts and minds for the celebration of Jesus’ birthday. The Gospel of Mark tells us that the Son of Man (Jesus) did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many. In our time of thanksgiving, for the greatest gift of all, our school family served in the following ways:
- Fourth and fifth grade students served our school by washing walls, taking out garbage, and cleaning preschool toys.
- PTF served the teachers a meal and many gifts of gratitude.
- Second grade students served their classmates by helping each other with a variety of classroom jobs.
- Fourth grade students served Fellowship Missions by organizing a food drive.
- Preschool and first grade served Operation Christmas Child by packing 17 boxes.
- Teachers served in their daily lives by leading community prayer groups, mentoring college age groups, leading Bible study groups, and participating in missions.
- Sixth grade students served the school by reading to preschoolers, serving hot lunch, and assisting with recycling.
- Third grade students served through writing notes of encouragement and praying for staff.
- CGBC served the WCS community a full Thanksgiving meal.